Mission, Vision & Values
EUnetHTA is a preferred facilitator of high-quality HTA collaboration in Europe. HTA agencies consider EUnetHTA an efficient way of collaborating.
The mission of EUnetHTA is to support the collaboration between European HTA organisations that brings added value to healthcare systems at the European, national and regional level.
Through its activities, EUnetHTA
- supports efficient production and use of HTA in countries across Europe
- provides an independent and science-based platform for HTA agencies in countries across Europe to exchange and develop HTA information and methodology
- provides an access point for communication with stakeholders to promote transparency, objectivity, independence of expertise, fairness of procedure and appropriate stakeholder consultations
- develops alliances with contributing fields of research to support a stronger and broader evidence base for HTA while using the best available scientific competence.
- European Union values for health systems (universality, access to good quality care, equity and solidarity)
- Efficiency in HTA production
- Sustainability of the healthcare systems
- The principle of subsidiarity of the European Union
- The use of best evidence, common methodological standards, trust and transparency
EUnetHTA finds it important to recognise and facilitate solutions to overcome barriers caused by language, variations in terminology, and culture.